Employment opportunities will be posted on this webpage, no phone calls, please. Thank you.
It is the policy of the Mann Center for the Performing Arts to provide equal employment in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or discriminatory harassment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
PROGRAMMING/MARKETING INTERN: (1 Position)
This position reports directly to the Mann’s Director of Programming and Marketing Operations and will work on programming and marketing the Mann’s summer season. This position will work out of the Mann admin. offices at 123 South Broad Street, Suite 815, Philadelphia, PA 19109.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of the Programming and Marketing of the Mann:
- Researching Potential Artists for the 2015 Season Drafting Offers and letter of correspondence with agents
- Drafting and organizing programming budgets
- Creating and maintaining a master programming document with all approved materials for 2015 Mann Artists
- Reviewing artist contracts
- Research and organize marketing potential marketing opportunities with the various media outlets
- Draft and maintain marketing plans
- Organize and present branding opportunities that will further advance the Mann’s image.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and staffing pre-show promotional events.
- Administrative Tasks
- Answering Phones
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- MS Office
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Must have a laptop
FESTIVAL SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN: (1 Position)
This position reports to the Festival Artistic Director and Digital Marketing Manager.
This internship is project-based and is intended to correspond with the timeline of our 2015 Festival Programming. As such, candidates with a desire to continue with the project from late fall 2014 – August/September 2015 are preferred. Hours are flexible/negotiable with event attendance required. A small stipend will be provided.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with the Mann’s marketing, programming, education & community engagement staff; PR firm; and festival partners in promoting the Mann’s 2015 Festival Programs and Performances via social media
- Attend festival events to generate real-time and post-event content
- Support Digital Marketing Manager with Data Analysis for Festival online content including:
- Google Analytics Reports
- Social Media engagement and response tracking
- Effectiveness of email campaigns, digital advertising, and paid social
- Overall festival and event-specific marketing plans and social calendars
- Monitor media coverage; keep digital and hard copy logs of all media clips
- Create, monitor and log calendar listings and other cross-promotional online efforts
- Update event pages, recap posts, and newsroom on manncenter.org
- General office tasks such as filing, copying, updating contacts, spreadsheets, etc., and other administrative assignments as needed
- Light graphic design
- MS Office
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong visual presentation skills
- Photoshop skills required. Additional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite helpful.
- Familiarity with Drupal and/or html helpful
- Photography and/or videography experience a plus
- Interest in non-profit arts
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Previous work experience required; students with marketing, public relations, social media, and/or music industry-related experience are encouraged. Rising junior/senior student intern preferred.